Presence of corruption in OST file may occur due to various reasons. Whatever may be the reason? Corruption of Outlook OST file is a serious concern which no one can ignore as it can pose major issues later on. The major problem that occurs after corruption of Outlook OST file is inaccessibility of OST data. OST file contains data of objects, such as contacts, e-mail messages, attachments, appointments, tasks, notes, journal, events, etc. Important e-mail operations cannot be carried out at the same time. These all are the difficulties that directly result after OST file corruption. Still, there is no need to be hopeless. Today, several third party tools are available in the market that are enough capable to perform OST to PST conversion. These tools have been specially designed to perform conversion of OST data into PST.
Below stated are some symptoms that are observed when synchronization of Outlook OST file cannot be carried out easily with Exchange Server:
- Appearance of several error messages at a time when Outlook OST file in Outlook is synchronized with your mailbox on a server that is executing MS-Exchange Server.
- Absence of some Outlook items, such as e-mail messages, appointment, contacts, tasks, journal, events, notes, posted items and documents from Outlook OST file or from the mailbox once a synchronization of OST file and mailbox is made.
Reason behind the occurrence of above mentioned symptoms is a corruption of Outlook OST file. Some other issues related to synchronization of OST file is also the result of OST corruption.
For solving the above stated problematic situation, you have to follow the below stated measures. These measures include:
- Use of Scanost.exe tool: Outlook versions like Outlook 2003 and 2007 make use of an OST Integrity Check tool to verify the inconsistencies contained in Outlook OST file. But, Outlook 2010 does not provide any tool to solve errors or inconsistencies in Outlook OST file as of earlier versions. However, if there is an issue with a specific folder, then it is suggested to resync the folder in MS- Outlook 2010. Below stated are the steps:
- Select Properties by doing a right click on the folder.
- Select Clear Offline items, and then select OK.
- Select the Send/Receive tab on the Outlook 2010 ribbon.
- Select Update Folder.
However, if the problem still remains the same, then it is good to opt for a third party OST PST converter tool. Yes, number of third party software are easily available online. The best thing is that a facility of a free demo version of the software is available on Internet. You just have to download a demo version of the software. Demo versions help you to evaluate the features of the product easily.
One such tool is Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Desktop that is specially designed to convert OST to PST. Once OST PST conversion takes place by this tool, data of Outlook OST file can be read into PST format of Microsoft Outlook. Developed with an interactive user interface, the tool is easy to operate. There is no need to have a sound technical knowledge for using this tool.